Dr. Deepak Kumar Capri - Physiotherapist
BPT, MSPT, FIAP, ACOMT, PhD (Spine)
Director & Sr. Consultant Manipulative Therapist
Certified McConnell Concept Teacher
Former Mulligan Concept Teacher
- Certified McConnell Concept Teacher by McConnell Institute, Australia
- Former certified Mulligan’s Concept Teacher MCTA (2004-2015).
- A Professional: Treated 1,00,000 patients in the last 26 years (together with team). Administrating more than 60 professionals & supporting staff as Director of Capri Institute of Manual Therapy & HOD physiotherapy at Sant Parmanand Hospital, Delhi. Attended hundreds of workshops / CME by National & International faculties. Given 2 TV interviews (live) on physiotherapy in June 2004 & in July 2004. Delivered more than 200 CME / workshops / conferences including International Conf. on Manual Therapy INTERCOMAT 2005, INTERCOMAT 2006, INTERCOMAT 2013 and 1st International Certified Mulligan Concept conference CMPCON 2014.
- Visiting Consultant Physiotherapist to Al Qasimmi Hospital UAE by Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP).
- A Researcher: Made 12 inventions in manual therapy, electrotherapy, & exercise therapy. Guided 53 research projects & still growing. Presented 34 papers in various state/ national & international conferences like IFOMT and WCPT etc., bagged 9 best papers & six 1st runner up awards. Published 5 papers in reputed Journals. The new techniques are published in Mulligan’s 5th & 6th edn. Book, Contributor in The Mulligan Concept of Manual Therapy: Text book of techniques (An international book published by Churchill Livingstone, Elsevier). Author of book on Mulligan Concept “Manual of Mulligan Concept” 1st edn. Sept 2014, Reprint Feb. 2015(Best Seller on AMAZON & also translated in Korean, Chinese & Russian Language).
- A Teacher: Delivered more than 217 workshops and Trained more than 11,000 students (in last 18 years) from various reputed institutes from India & abroad. Member of Board of study & Examiner in various reputed Universities & Institutions.
- Clinical teacher & examiner to various Universities in North India for Graduate & Postgraduate programs.
- Has an excellent background in teaching, research, & clinical management skills.
- E.C. member in Indian Association of Sports Medicine (1999-2001).
- Convener National Secretariat & Council act Committee (IAP CEC 2006-08).
- President of Indian Association of Sports Physiotherapist (2006-08).
- Chief Editor International Journal of Physical Therapy.
- Recipient of Distinguished Service Award by IAP (2006).
- Recipient of Fellowship by IAP (2010).
- Visiting Faculty in Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka.
- Visiting Faculty in Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai.
- E.C. member in Society of Indian Physiotherapists (2015-17).
People Are Searching Doctor Deepak Capri With Many Diffrent Search Terms Like
- Dr Deepak Kumar Physiotherapist
- Deepak Kumar Physiotherapist
- Dr Deepak Kumar
- Deepak Capri
- Dr Deepak Capri
- Deepak Physiotherapist
Capri Spine Clinic did an excellent job in carrying out a comprehensive compensation bench-marking exercise for the valuation profession. We were very impressed by the breadth and depth of information they were able to pull together in a very short period of time.
Dr. Deepak and his team of dedicated physiotherapist are the best i have come across Hard working, dedicated, always smiling and caring are just a few words to express by experience with them I highly recommend them and all the best to this wonderful team
I was suffering from lower back pain. I consulted so many doctors with endless sessions of physiotherapy but no effect. I attended the Capri Spine Clinic for lower back pain on the recommendation of my friend.
Dr Deepak Kumar was attending doctors. Just by a month treatment programme, I had surprisingly good results. Thanks to Dr Deepak Kumar.
I had shoulder n neck pain which was migrating to my head and causing severe headache quite often from past 5-6 years. They explained me the root cause of the problem and step by step worked on my problem areas. I felt relieved in the first sitting itself. Well trained, helpful and polite staff. Am really thankful to them.
Experience the best spine care services in a non-surgical way using latest technology for comprehensive assessment and world class treatment.
Physiotherapy is an artistic science, for it requires acquisition of extreme skills to make apt use of all the energies to best of their potentials. Medicine has advanced & ventured into various aspects of pain relief; physiotherapy is one of them. And one aspect which sets it apart from the rest, is the fact, that it has no adverse side-effects, whatsoever, i.e. if delivered properly, by a well-qualified physiotherapist to a suitable patient at appropriate time. Physical therapy also plays a significant role in obstetrics & gynaecological conditions, skin disorders, burns/plastic surgery, cardiopulmonary, neurological conditions, oncology etc. Physiotherapy has undergone a dramatic change over the last decade. Now, manual therapy techniques are available with the help of which an experienced physiotherapist can cure any kind of pain & stiffness in 1-3 visits only. Manual therapy is a specialized branch of physiotherapy wherein assessment and treatment of ailment is carried out manually by the physiotherapist dealing with neurological, musculoskeletal problems.
Brian Mulligan's concept of mobilizations with movement (MWMS) in the extremities and sustained natural apophyseal glides (SNAGS) in the spine are the logical continuation of this evolution with the concurrent application of both therapist-applied accessory and patient generated active physiological movements. This simple yet effective manual approach addresses musculoskeletal disorders with pain free manual joint "repositioning" techniques for restoration of function and abolition of pain.
To make "pain relief" a global phenomenon, we offer courses in manual therapy recognized nationally and internationally. These CMEs are held by Dr. Deepak Kumar, who was the 1st Asian accredited to be a certified Mulligans Concept Teacher by MCTA as per the norms given by IFOMT. Hold fast to your dreams, for without them you can’t fly! We are a professionally managed Private Limited firm, offering qualitative physiotherapy education to graduate and post graduate physiotherapists worldwide. The teachers at Capri Institute of Manual Therapy, are internationally certified manual therapy teachers. They just don’t teach what is given in the books but they first check and recheck the efficacy of each technique/concept & its variations, and then after refining/modifying these techniques/concepts, Capri includes them in certificate in orthopaedic manual therapy hands on workshop, making it the best workshop in manual therapy in India and Asia for the upcoming and established physiotherapy clinicians. They specialise in imparting world class manual therapy skills to the students. Many therapies and techniques were developed by our leader, Dr. Deepak Kumar, who holds doctorate (PhD) in Manual Therapy.