About Our Leader
Dr. Deepak Kumar
(Director & Sr. Consultant Manipulative Physiotherapist)
B.P.T. (NIRTAR), M.S.P.T. (GNDU), C.O.M.T. (Curtin Univ.), F.I.A.P., Ph.D. (Mulligan Concept)
- Certified McConnell Concept Teacher by McConnell Institute, Australia
- The first Asian, accredited to be a certified Mulligan’s Concept Teacher by MCTA, as per the norms given by IFOMT (2004-2015).
- Clinical teacher & examiner to various Universities in North India for Graduate & Postgraduate programs.
- Has an excellent background in teaching, research, & clinical management skills.
- A Teacher: Delivered more than 200 workshops and Trained more than 10,000 students (in last 14 years) from various reputed institutes from India & abroad. Member of Board of study & Examiner in various reputed Universities & Institutions.
- A Researcher: Made 12 inventions in manual therapy, electrotherapy, & exercise therapy. Guided 53 research projects & still growing. Presented 34 papers in various state/ national & international conferences like IFOMT and WCPT etc., bagged 9 best papers & six 1st runner up awards. Published 4 papers in reputed Journals. The new techniques are published in Mulligan’s 5th & 6th edn. Book, Contributor in The Mulligan Concept of Manual Therapy: Text book of techniques (An international book published by Churchill Livingstone, Elsevier). Author of book on Mulligan Concept “Manual of Mulligan Concept” 1st edn. Sept 2014, Reprint Feb. 2015.
- A Professional: Treated 85,000 patients in the last 22 years (together with team). Administrating more than 60 professionals & supporting staff as Director of Capri Institute of Manual Therapy & HOD physiotherapy at Sant Parmanand Hospital, Delhi. Attended more than 72 workshops / CME by National & International faculties. Given 2 TV interviews (live) on physiotherapy in June 2004 & in July 2004. Delivered more than 200 CME / workshops / conferences including International Conf. on Manual Therapy INTERCOMAT 2005, INTERCOMAT 2006, INTERCOMAT 2013 and 1st International Certified Mulligan Concept conference CMPCON 2014.
- E.C. member in Indian Association of Sports Medicine (1999-2001).
- Convener National Secretariat & Council act Committee (IAP CEC 2006-08).
- President of Indian Association of Sports Physiotherapist (2006-08).
- Chief Editor International Journal of Physical Therapy.
- Recipient of Distinguished Service Award by IAP (2006).
- Recipient of Fellowship by IAP (2010).
- Visiting Faculty in Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka.
- Visiting Faculty in Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai.
- E.C. member in Society of Indian Physiotherapists (2015-17).